New Mamas have so many questions when it comes to what to buy for baby. Buying diapers can be confusing because there are so many brands and a wide range of prices. We are a pretty health conscious and frugal family and feel it's important to help inform others. I've put together a little list to help you decide the best diaper for you and your little one's tushy! I'm linking them to amazon so you can compare prices (I would list the price, but they are always changing). Check out amazon's "subscribe & save" and get 30% off the list price and free 2 day shipping!!!
To quickly sum up my opinion, I would vote Nature Babycare Diapers as the best healthy diaper for babies. They are super absorbent and don't use harmful chemicals in their diapers or packaging which means both your baby and the environment are being protected! This list of diapers are ones I've used for my boys:
Nature Babycare -
- 100% chlorine & GM free
- Based on biodegradable materials with a biodegradable back sheet
- Use cornstarch and other natural ingredients wherever possible.
- Consist of chlorine free pulp to help with absorption, a backsheet and distribution center based on corn, as well as chlorine free cellulose in the diaper.
- To further improve the absorption of our diapers we use a small amount of SAP. No latex.
Ingredients include: chlorine free wood pulp fluff, sodium polyacrylate (also referred to as SAP or absorbent gel), polyolefin nonwoven fabric, adhesives, polyolefin film, synthetic rubber elastic strands
- Free of Chlorine Processing
- Free of Fragrances & Latex
- Free of Petroleum Based Lotions
Materials are mostly petroleum-derived and are not renewable
- Made from non-chlorine bleached materials
- Contains natural absorbent material such as corn and wheat
- Made with fewer petro-chemicals
- Breathable sides
- Moisture barrier cuff
- Re-fastenable tabs
- Latex-free, dye-free, perfume-free
Huggies Pure & Natural
- Organic cotton outside
- Hypoallergenic, with a touch of Aloe and Vitamin E
- Liner includes renewable materials
Soft and Absorbent! Healthy... I don't think so...THEREFORE NO LINK!
The best organic diapers are generally cost prohibitive, but we think it's something well worth the money. Our children's health is our priority as parents and we hope you feel the same. Next time you are looking for the best organic diapers check the ingredients!!